Need more players any creative ideas?

Now you can download Android version for FREE

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Need more players any creative ideas?

Postby LoneGrey » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:09 am

I thought I would open up a discussion about the low population to look at creative ways to reach new players
LoneGrey

Re: Need more players any creative ideas?

Postby Fateneko » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:44 pm

Low popul.? On mobile version or pc?
Fateneko

Re: Need more players any creative ideas?

Postby Eredhelil » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:40 pm

Well this is going to be a bit of a pill to swallow, but here goes:

The game is far to unstable to draw in the players you want. I've had it on my phone for three days now and haven't been able to log in. Once the instabilities are fixed then you can worry about new or returning players like myself. Most are going to see that they can't log in for a prolonged period of time then leave.

Once that is started, you need to do away with buying the ability to play the game. Pretty sure that wasn't a thing when I started playing. But as a returning player I'm looking at it and my first thought is "If I have to buy zones to play the game then maybe I'm wasting my time."

Once the game is fully accessable, deal with marketing. Word of mouth, Google play, Google results, these are starting ways to get players in. Make sure the forum based market here is fully in game by then. If people have to go to the forums to make purchases, then they probably are going to reconsider an impulse buy. But that is making money, not increasing a population count.

Most of the world doesn't know this game is a thing. It had a decent population when I played but that was around or over four years ago. I simply decided to see of it was still working and planned to get my brother into it if it were.

From there you can even change the forum type if you wanted. I'm personally a fan of the proboards look here, but now adays you young whippersnappers are into all that shiny goofangled stuff. Don't try and tackle everything at once either. First focus on getting things stable. Then focus on population. You can make several incentives for that. People will drag others here for a nice shiny item or mount or some friend based skill, ECT ECT. Even if it's just a flake player, they spread the word around. And that is what you need.

You can also focus on how people find the game. I found this game by typing in "WoW like android game." You can take that angle and run. Make ads for stuff like that. There are a metric fuckton of other ways, but that's a list in and of itself.
Eredhelil

Return to Game Discussion (Midgard Rising 3D MMORPG)